Eating Disorders Are Preventable

No matter what anyone will try to tell you, eating disorders are one hundred percent preventable. Now while it has been shown that eating disorders can be inherited, it does not mean that the parents cannot do anything to stop a eating disorder from happening. If you notice that you child is acting differently or looking differently, you should not be afraid to ask them what is going on or at least just making sure you are there if they decide to tell you what is going on. If you fear that an eating disorder may occur within your child, you can steps to make sure this type of behavior is prevented or at least caught in the early stages. If it takes you going throughout the house and finding all of their hiding places for snacks, then that is what you should do. Nothing is too bad when it comes to your child’s health and safety.

Eating Disorder Self Test. Take the EAT-26 self test to see if you might have eating disorder symptoms that might require professional evaluation. All answers are confidential.

Find a Treatment Facility Near You

Click on a state below to find eating disorder treatment options that could be right for you.

Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Additional calls will also be forwarded and returned by a quality treatment center within the USA.

Calls to any general helpline (non-facility specific 1-8XX numbers) for your visit will be answered by Boca Recovery Center, Daylight Recovery Center or another licensed drug and alcohol rehab facility, a paid advertiser on

All calls are private and confidential.

I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE NOWI NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE NOW 800-568-9025Response time about 1 min | Response rate 100%
Who Answers?