Mirasol Arizona Center For Eating Disorder Recovery
Mirasol, the first eating disorder treatment center in the country to apply an integrative approach to the treatment of eating disorders, focuses on the relationship between the mind, body, and the soul. By utilizing, both the traditional methods of treating eating disorders including Cognitive Behavorial Therapy, psychodynamic therapy, DBT, nutritional education, and cutting edge treatment practices such as Neurofeedback, brain mapping and somatic therapy, Mirasol leads the pack in long-term recovery rates.
Mirasol, founded in 1999, offers residential, inpatient and outpatient eating disorder treatment for women, teens, and men.
Outstanding Feedback from CARF’s 2013 Survey
According to CARF’s 2013 survey report, the organization responsible for behavioral health facilities accreditation:
“Mirasol utilizes a holistic approach in its intensive, therapeutic treatment program providing innovative and state-of-the-art alternative and evidence-based practices that have resulted in outcomes well beyond industry expectation.”
“The treatment program includes traditional and experiential therapies.”
“Mirasol’s accompanying work, including dual diagnosis patients presenting with symptoms of depression, anxiety, trauma, substance abuse, and OCD, PTSD is impressive.”
Comprehensive Treatment and Follow Up
Clients benefit from 24-hour medical care, extensive use of individualized treatment (4-5 hours a day), and individualized treatment plans. An onsite school is available is available for adolescents. Clients attend 3-4 groups daily. Follow-up is also available for up to 1-year after a client finishes primary treatment. The follow-up is done via telephone. There is no extra charge for the 1-year follow-up. The service is offered as a part of primary treatment, increasing recovery rates exponentially.
Levels of Care
- Residential, Inpatient depending on insurance policy
- Day Treatment, adult and adolescent (PHP), including men and boys
- Step-Down (PHP)
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient (IOP) for adults and adolescents including men and boys
- With a 3:1 staff-client ratio, Mirasol offers extraordinary attention and tailor it’s programs to the individual client’s needs.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
- QEEG Neurofeedback, which includes brain mapping
- Polarity Therapy (body work)
- Equine Therapy
- Zuzi Dance
- Art Therapy
- Group Therapy — 3-4 times per day
- Individual Therapy 2-4 times a week or as needed
- Family Camp
- Music Therapy
- Nutritional Education and Consultation
- Gym work-outs
- Adventure Therapies
- Canoeing (all dependent upon weather)
- High Ropes Course
- Training in Daily Living Skills
- Clinical Psychologist
- Masters level therapists each with a minimum of 5-years experience
- Registered Dietitians
- Naturopathic Physician
- 24-hour nursing including RNs and LPNs
CEO/Founder of Mirasol, Jeanne Rust, PhD, is internationally known for being the first treatment provider in the United States to offer integrative therapy for mental health. She is also known for her work in trauma.
aesthetics are provided at Mirasol’s small, intimate residences (limited to a maximum of 10 clients) in Territorial style homes. Our accommodations provide a secure and serene environment for healing.
“Client care is provided in beautiful, bright, airy, and spacious surroundings in the Sonoran Desert at the base of 3 different mountain ranges, all complementing the natural healing process.” – CARF Surveyors Report 2013
- Washers and Dryers
- All linens and towels are provided
- Outings and Passes with staff approval
- Access to cell phones and computers at designated times.
- Heated Swimming Pools
- Breathtaking surroundings in the Sonoran Desert
- Restaurant and grocery store outings
- Cooking lessons
- All meals prepared by chefs. “Good Food Equals Great Medicine”
We do accept insurance. Mirasol is an in-network treatment center with most major behavioral health insurance benefit providers. If you need help paying for treatment ADVERTISEMENT , Mirasol can help!
Also try these nearby Treatment Centers in Arizona
If you are a treatment center representative or an individual providing treatment, you can submit your listing in our directory. Click here to get started.