Does Anyone Know This: My Friend Has Been Acting Weird A Lot Is Exersicing Alot Plus She In Cheer Volleyball An Soccer Whenever We Go Out She Never Wants Food Or Gets Ansty In Front Of Eveyone Eating. Is There A Problem?

Your Friend Could Very Well
janurse427 – 12/26/2009 – 13:06

Your friend could very well have a problem, perhaps even an eating disorder. Are the things you have noticed, CHANGES in the way your friend behaves? Change is a big thing to watch for with people you care about.
Have you talked privately to your friend and expressed your concern? If you haven’t, maybe you could just tell her that you are worried about her, and ask her how she is feeling, and if there are things in her life that are making her sad or angry. You could mention what you have noticed, not in an attacking way (not that you would), but in a way that she will know that you care about her. If she won’t talk to you about it, or gets angry about it, remember you are just trying to help her. You might want to talk to your school counselor about your concerns and see what he/she suggests. The most important thing is for your friend to get help if she needs it, and to know that you care. She is lucky to have you for a friend!! Good luck!

I Ha E Talk To Her She Got A
Emmy2011 – 12/26/2009 – 15:08

I ha e talk to her she got a bit upset she has had big changes in behave it’s kinda of crazy. She says that school and sports are really stressing her out espcally sent we have cheer nationals coming up it’s taking a toll on her

You Truly Are A Great Friend!
janurse427 – 12/26/2009 – 15:21

You truly are a great friend! This is the type of thing that can cause a young woman to spiral into an eating disorder. The pressure…the strive for perfection..competition. I wouldn’t want you to take her care upon yourself, but you can support her to take care of herself. I suggest that you talk to your parents about your concerns, and perhaps your school counselor as well, because they might want to talk to your friend to see if they can help her. The best thing you can do is to remind your friend that you care about her, and to encourage her to talk about how she is feeling. Good luck!

I Have Been Encouarging Her
Emmy2011 – 12/26/2009 – 15:40

I have been encouarging her my parents won’t really car for one there never home travel for business but I will think about talking to a counselor I know what kind of position she is in

I’m Sorry That Your Parents
janurse427 – 12/26/2009 – 17:59

I’m sorry that your parents are not around much. Talking to a counselor at school would be a good idea. Take care. I hope things turn out OK. 🙂

Eating Disorder Self Test. Take the EAT-26 self test to see if you might have eating disorder symptoms that might require professional evaluation. All answers are confidential.

Find a Treatment Facility Near You

Click on a state below to find eating disorder treatment options that could be right for you.

The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her health professional. This information is solely for informational and educational purposes and we encourage all visitors to see a licensed physician if they believe that they have an eating disorder. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Neither the owners or employees of nor the author(s) of site content take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading this site. Always speak with your primary health care provider before engaging in any form of self treatment. Please see our Legal Statement for further information.

Copyright © 2008-2017
Company Information

© 2017 All rights reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of's terms of service and privacy policy. The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.