A Sweet Way To Sneak Healthy Fat Into Your Diet
Many of us are averse to eating dietary fats because for years we believed they were bad for us.
Though we now understand the body requires healthy fats to function optimally, actually consuming them may remain difficult.
So, if you are looking for ways to sneak healthy fat into your diet, and would appreciate a sweet snack that also curbs appetite, you might want to try this easy recipe for buttermints.
The raw honey in this recipe satisfies sugar cravings, while the nutrient rich fat in the butter and coconut oil slows the body’s sugar absorption, and satiates hunger. Eating just two to four small buttermint squares can help you feel full and energized.
People recovering from an eating disorder might also find these buttermints a palatable way to get some needed nutrients and calories.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter (from grass-fed cows is best)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (increase to 4 if desired)
- 10 to 12 drops peppermint essential oil (or substitute 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture evenly over a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper. The mixture is thick and will stay put.
- Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator for a couple hours, until the buttercream mixture is firm, then cut into half inch squares
- Transfer the squares to a storage container and keep in the fridge.
Chocolate lovers, consider adding two tablespoons of cocoa powder to the mixture, and enjoy.